Friday, August 17, 2012

My Abortion

I had to wake up at 5am to get to the facility where I was having it at. It was a whole hour and a half train ride from where I lived. When I got there, I had to wait 30 minutes outside just to get in. Thank God is was summer like weather outside. When I first entered the facility it seemed a little dismal but after I went to my particular floor, It was a little nicer. There were big windows to let the natural sunlight in. After I checked in for my appointment I sat in the waiting room filling out paperwork to be called. There were at least 10 other girls with the same appointment at the same time as me. After I returned the paperwork and sat down to wait for the nurse, I looked around and realized 10 other girls had now walked in. I heard of double booking but this is ridiculous! Ten minutes go by and Im called by the nurse. I go back into this short hallway to get my blood pressure checked. They only have the really hard plastic chairs in the back waiting area (as opposed to the only regularly hard plastic chairs in the front waiting area.) a couple more minutes go by and its time for the ultrasound. I walk in the room and the ultrasound tech half smiles at me and tells me to undress from the waist down and lay down on the table. She does the ultrasound in less then 3 minutes and tells me to put my clothes back on. I'm told to sit outside in the waiting area again. There I realize I've been there for almost 3 hours! Just to get that done for a 5 minute procedure done. after another 20 minute wait I am told I'm done for now and that I can have lunch and to come like in 4 hours..."Four Hours!!!! In a neighborhood that I don't even know! I didn't even bring my phone charger!" I thought to myself. Oh well hope I can find somewhere nice to sit.....underneath my breath.

No comments: