Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Entertainment

So there's this new show on  Vh1 called Love and Hip hop Atlanta a spinoff of the original Love and  Hiphop which is shot in New York. One of the characters on the show is a producer named Stevie J. He is on the show with his Girlfriend/kids mother and he seems to really love her until they show him again in the studio a couple of minutes later with someone he calls his artist but whom he  is obviously sleeping with. The show is about 3 or 4 episodes in and this guy just gets continuously worse every episode with his escapades. That's not the problem though, It makes for good television. The issue I'm having is ...it seems like people are starting to not only accept him but congratulate him on being such a dog towards women. I even heard him being referred to as a PIMP (which by the way I think PIMPS are the scum of the earth)! Like how are his actions okay? he cheats on the women who loves him shows them no respect and gets rewarded for it. My concern is how  are kids looking at this. Little boys and girls are already growing up with Lil Wayne, Wacka Flocka, and Nicki Minaj as there role models. How much better can the influence of Stevie J be? I just hope that the generation under us will be able to see these people for what they are, a gimmick used to make money through entertainment. Because everyone wants to be entertained right?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

His wife recently came out and said that the show was her wake up call however I'm sure his behavior didn't happen over night. They have been together for years and I'm sure he's been this way for years. I hope that at the end of this circus his wife comes out stronger. I watched two episodes and decided I was done. The portrayal of our people on that shows sickens me. The sad thing is not only is the younger generation seeing this and perhaps getting the wrong messages but our generation (and older) are glorifying it!