Sunday, July 29, 2012

Atheist

I grew up in a Christian home going to a catholic grammar school for 8 years from 1st through 8th grade. I have also had friends and neighbors who have been different religions and creeds. My Ex Husband was a Muslim when I met him. I've known Jews and Gentiles alike yet they all have one thing in common, they all believe in a higher power or God. Last night though, was the first time I met someone who does not believe in any higher power other than science, he calls him self an Atheist'. I've never met someone like that in real life before and I found it enlightening to met him. After I had the "God" conversation with him and hearing his reasons for not believing in a higher power, I was convinced. I am now completely convinced that, there is no way there isn't a God. I know that God has helped me and my family get through some horrible times and my faith is even stronger now because he could not convince me otherwise. Every reason he had for not believing in God was something I had read or heard a counter argument for. Jesus even said himself in the bible that "blessed are those who have not seen me and yet have believed", ever heard of "Doubting Thomas?"  

No comments: