Monday, August 29, 2011

Sexuality, the Media Monster and Mess

Being a part of the RJ movement has meant and done a lot of things for me. Not to mention all the things I've learned along the way. Some of those things are exploring and owning my sexuality. Whether I wear a t-shirt and jeans or simply a g-string, that is my choice. That does not make me a whore or an obvious rape target. Even the most natural thing such as breast feeding has become seen as a sexual act, thanks to society and the media monster. We as women must take back our sexuality and be unashamed and unapologetic for doing so. Next time I blog I'll be sure to post the poem "Why I Gotta Be a Ho?!" I read it again earlier and it has my creative juices flowing. Till next time......signing off with my fem-fist raised high!

1 comment:

Nicole said...

You are absolutely right!