Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Capacity Building

I attended a workshop addressing effective advocacy work. Some of the key topics that stuck with me were: determining what your issues are, choosing a target (legislator or not) who will possibly support your issues and building a relationship with them. Often times we can identify problems without hesitation but everyone has problems. The key is turning those problems into issues and then focusing on getting some influential people on board. Sure, money (or lack there of) are issues within themselves BUT that should not deter you from seeking out those individuals of "power." You should also work on building a relationship with other organizations. Alone the battle seems impossible but together we can move mountains. Needless to say, I am looking forward to having some in- district visits with some of my future supporters.

Signing off with my fem- fist held high!

1 comment:

radiance1014 said...

I'm glad you learned so much at the workshop. They can be so powerful.