Tuesday, May 4, 2010

What's On My Mind

Last Thursday I hosted my very first educational forum. The focus was reproductive justice and what it is and how it affects low-income, marginalized women. It was held in Englewood because that is an area I have lived in for years and it was down the street from Roberson High School. Roberson High School has a 1 in 8 teen pregnancy/ teen mother rate. That statistic alone should be reason enough to see the importance and need for comprehensive sex ed in our schools. Not only in our schools but in our homes. In this day and age, how young is too young to teach our children about sex? We know it's not in our schools so we have to start sooner. I keep hearing crazy things about our youth that I would never even imagine. Very disturbing but I'll post it tomorrow when I have more accurate information. Just posting some thoughts, till then stay blessed!

No comments: