Friday, January 9, 2009

Let's Get Ready To Rally!

Happy 2009 y'all!

It's 2009 and we have a lot to get excited about in the first month of the year. We have elected the first African - American President in history, it is expected we will be the majority at the largest presidential inauguration in American history, and yes it's the 36th anniversary of Roe v. Wade.
In honor of Roe v. Wade, Chicago Abortion Fund is holding a rally on Federal Plaza in Chi town.

We are not only going to be celebrating that a historic moment in history, but we are also rallying to support to repeal the infamous Hyde amendment and HB5615. We have made a huge step, but we have so far to go. I am so excited more excited than I've been in a very long time. This is something that I will be able to tell my daughters. I will be able to show that I was on the front line advocating for their rights and "ALL" women rights. I've always admired the art of activism, and I've always wanted to rally for a great cause that was dear to me. Most of all I've always wanted to be the voice for those who are not aware of how important their voices really are. On Jan. 22, 2009 I will get that opportunity again and I can't wait. It's crazy how each time feels as invigorating and powerful as the first time.

Join us in our fight and let your voice be heard. It's a very good feeling to be apart of movement!

Until next time, be safe, be blessed, and be empowered!!!!!!!!!

Have a good weekend......

Peace

No comments: