Monday, January 19, 2009

Is it really worth it? !

I was just talking to my Advocacy Trainer Shay today and she told me how her job she has worked at for 1yr1/2 had threatened to fire her for coming to work late on a 15 below zero day where she has to get on the bus at 4:30am in the morning to be at work at 6am clear across town.At 4:30 in the morning it is very dangerous and cold beyond bearing.When she was telliing me this and expressing how disgraced she was it made me just take a look back and zoom into a time when I had to ride the bus clear across town for a job I despised in the cold and drop my daughter off before heading to work and It just clicked in my mind never again. Was it really worth it? Well I think not because I worked like a slave for them and end up getting fired unfairly and they didn't even want to give me my unemployment which I think is my right to have. So when I think about it why should you as a person slave for someone else or make sacrifices for someone else when at the end they leave you hanging. I 've been at that door plenty of times and its not a good feeling to have.Thats why I have decided to love me more and be more selfish because "ME" is important.No matter what else is going on. I think I'm worth more than some people will ever know!
Love, Peace, and Choice!

1 comment:

Cinnamon said...

Couldn't agree with you more. I think women are far more likely to put up with disrespectful treatment because we don't have the courage to stand up and demand better. Always easier to say than to do, but I commend your struggles to place yourself ahead of where many people say you should be. We all deserve better and I support every woman who fights for better.