Friday, July 2, 2010

From the beginning of time, women have been expected to sacrifice. Sacrifice their time, their bodies, sacrifice their life for those she loves. Well, I wanna know when is it our turn. When is it time to sacrifice for us? our mothers sisters cousins...when is it their time? every year I ask my mother what she wants for her Christmas/birthday(which happens to fall on the same day December 25) and she tells me the some thing, "my health" are her words. I think its time to do more. I also think black men need to stand up and take care of black women like they were supposed to from the beginning. No we don't need them to...but that's what a man is supposed to do for a woman.Until we start putting women first in this country, it will continue to fall at the rate it has been.

No comments: