Wednesday, February 29, 2012

As we come to the close of Black History Month

So this months TV show in honor of Black History Month is about Black People that have made their mark in the reproductive justice movement. So while going over information for the show Brittany which is the guest for tonight brought up a good point about how we as people forget about black history as February ends and that we should continue to care about it and become educated on it. I had to totally agree with her on this one, we don't really realize the importance of knowing our history and I am a firm believer that in order to know where your going,you have to know where you have been. We as black people have a rich history and have been significant change makers since the beginning of our existence. I think it is very important for us to remember this and the more you learn about our history it will be easier to remember. So I just want to say Thank you to all my sisters and brothers that have made history and dared to be different, so I can have the rights I have.

No comments: