Saturday, June 28, 2008

All Day Training

Today is 6-28-08 and I am at reproductive training for My voice, My choice leadership group. The day started off draging but, now we're up and moving. Even though at nine in th morning we were all still wiping the sleep out our eye, we stilll were able to get the juices flowing. We got off to a great start with a trainer from Icah who brung up some important issues of trust between parent and child. First on the wall behind us she post two signs one agree and one disagree. She asked a couple of questions and asked us to stand against the wall with the sign that we agree with and one question she asked that atleast i thought was very interesting was, Should a child at thirteen be able to have privacy?Then she went on to ask if condoms should be passed out at schools. For the first question I agreed and so did several of the other women,but two of the women said no. I think that at thirteen you should be able to know the difference between right and wrong 75% of the time if taught and It depends on the mother daughter relationship, how trusting each person is with each other. The condom question I'm not sure on where I stand on that but the condom conversation is very important conversation I think should be discussed at home.So I hope this sparks it.

No comments: