Sunday, May 2, 2010

First time on panel!!

Last Monday Nicole and I had the opportunity to sit on a panel at a conference. The panel was titled "Listening to the Women We Serve". It was my first time and I was both excited and nervous. Once I started talking I kept going on and on, which was great, because that was the point. I tried really hard to shed light on the struggles women like me face everyday with reproductive health issues. I will always have a story to tell because I live this day in and day out. I wanted the audience to understand why it's important for them to listen to it. We need to be seen, heard and be a part of the reproductive justice movement! That was the first of many panels to come, hopefully:) Peace!

2 comments:

Gaylon said...

i'm so proud of my baby girls brittany and nicole for doing the dang thang at the naf conference last week.

士松 said...

keep sharing with us, please....I will waiting your up date everyday!! Have a nice and relax day! ..................................................