Wednesday, December 2, 2009

A childish thing like that

A friend of mine who just separated from her abusive husband and is now a single mother of two found out she is pregnant. When she told me that she was pregnant I was really concerned because she is in an abusive relationship. As we continued to talk she didn't sound like she really wanted to parent another child, because of her situation. However, you could tell that she has been talking to someone that was not pro choice. Due to the nature of her marriage and her emotional I didn't want to inflict my opinion on her so I was very cautious in my choice of words.

I just listened and sympathized and listened as she went back and forth about whether she wanted to have an abortion or carry the child. As she said something and what she said made me cringe and it took everything in my entire body to curb my tongue. She said and I quote, " I can' have an abortion, Why would I do childish thing like that"? I frankly don't remember to much about the conversation beyond that point, but what I wanted to ask her so bad is do you think it would be "adultish"( I don't think thats a word lol) to parent a child in an abusive dysfunctional household? Well the world may never know. I didn't ask her because I knew that would have turned into an argument. Another reason I didn't ask her is because ultimately it's her choice!

That was few weeks ago and I haven't heard from her since. She has been on my mind so I 've just been praying that she makes the best choice for her.


Peace and blessings!

No comments: