Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Being A Marginalized Person

Yesterday my friend said something to me that really woke me, she was speaking about her boyfriend saying that he was a potential loser. She continued saying he has access to opportunities and choices, so if he wants to continue to be a marginalized person, thats on him. In my head all I could think about was me. I'm a marginalized individual, but not for long. Being in the leadership group has definitely afforded me opportunities beyond my expectations. I often feel that society isn't exactly set up for me, a marginalized person to succeed. But does that mean that I can't succeed?,NO! That means I have to work harder, which at first seems like a bummer, but in the big scheme of things will make me stronger......... Being black in America is similar to being White in Africa. Learning to prevail and prosper in any circumstances and situations says a lot about my character. I can go anywhere and conquer anything!!!!!!

No comments: