Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Why?

I just wanted to take the time out to ask why? Why are people so blind? Not physically but mentally. Sometimes we as people are so caught up in what is right and what is wrong that we are blind sighted to real issues. I am so tired of people saying, Oh I'm a Pro- Lifer and Pro-choice is wrong like I don't believe in life. But the fact is I do believe in life, I actually even have a daughter. But the one thing I don't believe in is some one else deciding what you do with your body. Have you ever seen the marijuana commercial where the guy is standing center of the room and all these other people are coming up to him changing his clothes; cutting his hair and at the end it says when you give up the right to choose you give up being a person. The moral of the commercial is to prevent kids from smoking marijuana because of peer pressure. Well it's the same thing with abortion. If you don't have the right to choose you might as well not own your body. And I quote Enjouli when she said to me today what about that woman that has been raped or molested and the result is she gets pregnant. Now not only does she have to deal with the fact that she was raped or molested. But if she can't get an abortion and has to have the baby now she has tolook at a spitting image of the man who raped her for the rest of her life. And what if she is low income and never planned on having kids, now she has to deal with raisng a kid that she could never really afford and in those cases choice is valid.Something my mom always told me is life is about choices and some people make the right one and some people make wrong ones, We all try to make the best ones but at the end of the day to each it's own.Love Peace and Choice!

No comments: